GDM is a Graphical Documentation System based on Microsoft® Windows 7 (or higher) that was developed in cooperation with users, customers, and advisors, especially for the requirements of the footwear industry.
GDM can provide product-specific documentation of any kind, either online (e. g., on a computer screen on an IT network, Internet, etc.) as well as offl ine (as printouts of the documents). More than 25 years of collective experience in the development of human-centered software solutions are concentrated in GDM.
GDM was developed as the most modern multi-tier application, and is therefore scalable for all sizes of enterprises. The system is designed for IT network operation and supports concurrent collaboration of all participating staff members. On demand, GDM can also be operated as a stand-alone solution.
GDM functionalities like the “administration mode”, the “enterprise library” and the “property window” allow to customize the software to individual or enterprise-wide needs. Correct, enterprise-specific documentation standards are implemented very easily and shortly.
A new GDM-Viewer inside PDM (to review all GDM documentation pages without having GDM installed) has been implemented from Version 4.5. onward. GDM Data (specific information on some GDM documentation pages like cutting knife number, stitching data, values from tables and so on) can be extracted to PDM forms. This also includes a Cutting Knife Documentation semi automatic way to generate proper cutting knife documentations for ordering, history, archiving,
GDM – Benefits
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Database Connectivity
- Enterprise Standards Integration
- Easy pattern Handling and Movement
- Drag’n’Drop functionality
- PDM-Connectivity fully implemented
GDM – Key features
- Drawing and simple reuse of graphical objects
- Advanced Enterprise Library management
- Individual User Settings
- Saving default attributes
- Scaling, Mirroring, Stitching, Skiving (Property handling)
- Table and Template Features (e.g. Excel)
- Object Measurements
- Semi Automatic Data Update
- Default or individual Page Template layouts
- Smart Editing of patterns and objects (geometry, visibility, colors, representation, fonts, positioning)
- Advanced svg-file handling (multiple file load, SVG-save mode)
- Advanced Graphic format export (like png, tif, gif, jpg, bmp and emf)
- Supports PDF – print format
- Cutting Knife Documentation (history, order process, archive)